We respect your privacy and only process your personal data for the purpose for which you have provided it and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Company name: Kamera Express B.V.
- Website: https://www.photospecialist.co.uk
- Chamber of Commerce number: 24255575
- VAT-number: NL811909864B01
Which personal information do we need from you?
In order to process and ship your orders, we need your name, email address, billing address and delivery address, payment details and telephone number. We share some of this information with the delivery services that we work with, so that your order can be delivered to you. In addition, we work together with IT service providers, payment partners, repairmen, suppliers and media agencies. These parties may only use your data to provide a service on behalf of Photospecialist. Incidentally, we don't use your phone number for commercial purposes, only in case we need to contact you about an order you placed.
What do we do with your information?
We use your information to help you, the client, as best as we can. To do this, we use data we have received from you, but also anonymised data that we have collected ourselves, such as your surfing behaviour when you visit our website. We can only read this data in segments and cannot trace this data back to you as a person. We use your data for the following purposes:
- Ordering: we need your personal and payment details in order to complete an order and to prepare it for shipment. With some payment methods (for example, credit card or post-pay) the executing payment service may perform a fraud check or credit check.
- Delivering: without your address data, your shipment will not arrive.
- Account: we store your data for you – if you have an account, shopping becomes easier and faster.
- Customer service: having your personal data and order data is indispensable for providing a seamless customer service. When you are chatting with our customer service, they can also see exactly which web page you are on, thanks to a cookie. This allows them to help you even faster.
- After-sales (repair, warranty, etc.): if we have your personal and contact details, we can help you quickly if something unexpectedly doesn't work on the product we delivered.
- Personalised ads: in collaboration with advertising networks and media agencies, we collect your surfing, searching and buying behaviour (using cookies). This allows us to make you custom and relevant offers.
- Newsletters: having your email address and order history allows us to send (segmented) newsletters. You expressly sign up for receiving the newsletter and you can always unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive it.
- Improving service: we would like to offer you an optimal shopping experience. In order to do that, we keep track of how visitors move around on our website. This data is anonymised and then analysed by us, so that we know exactly how we can improve our web shop.
- Fraud: unfortunately, fraud is sometimes committed. Or attempted at least. If the government requests this, we will always cooperate and hand over your data to the relevant government agency.
Processing agreements with third parties
How long will your information be stored?
The tax authorities require us to keep your personal, payment and order information for seven years. After that, you can ask us to delete your data. We will always do that. Without such a request, we keep on storing your information securely. We sell intricate products and also want to be of service to you if your product fails after the legal storage period of seven years. We store anonymous data from visitors and customers for the purpose of internal reporting and analyses. We need the results to achieve and maintain the highest possible level of service.
Is your information safe with us?
We take technical and organisational measures to prevent data loss or unlawful processing (such as attacks). We therefore guarantee an appropriate level of security and have our website tested periodically. We also use a secure connection for the page that asks you to provide your personal data.
Accessing your information
You can always review the information about you that we store. Any incorrect data can be corrected, supplemented or deleted this way. If you wish to access this information, correct your personal data or transfer your data, please contact our Customer service or call us at +44 (0)148 0710000.